About Our Founder
Marina Farah, MD, MHA, is an experienced hospitalist and Physician Advisor, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and leading national expert in improving healthcare quality, profitability and efficiency. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and holds a Master’s Degree in Health Administration from the University of Washington, as well as Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Healthcare Certifications from the University of Michigan.
Selected Projects and Results
- Led design and implementation of a clinical workflow and technology solution to support CMS Bundle Payments for Care Improvement Initiative, with $1.8B at risk.
- Achieved 0.6-day decrease in average length of stay by designing and implementing Proactive Length of Stay Management solution at more than 20 hospitals.
- Decreased readmission rates for selected diagnoses by 30% across 5 hospitals.
- Improved hospital experience for more than 80,000 patients by designing and implementing a Bedside Patient Feedback solution at 70 hospitals.
- Realized 12% decrease in urinary catheter utilization and elimination of catheter-associated urinary tract infections based on Patient Safety Checklist piloted at 5 hospitals.
- Received 2011 Milliman Care Guidelines® Richard L. Doyle Award for Innovation and Leadership in Healthcare.